Per-Diem REGISTERED NURSE - Critical Care 5/18/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
PER-DIEM REGISTERED NURSE - CRITICAL CARE
PER-DIEM REGISTERED NURSE - CRITICAL CARE
OCEAN MEDICAL CENTER
Day 12 Hours
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient s status, rendered care and treatment plans.
* Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
* Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient s assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care.
* Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management.
* Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
* The Critical Care Nurse is responsible for rendering exceptional professional nursing care to critical care patients through the use of evidence based practice.
* The CCU RN demonstrates clinical excellence and is able to adapt to any critical care patient need including roles in Rapid Response, Code Stroke, STEMI, and Code Blue.
* Candidates will be expected to achieve a national nursing certification within two years.
* Candidates will maintain 30 contact hours per year and participate in unit based Shared Governance.
* Critical Care Team performance expectations include continuing education, performance improvement, utilization of evidence based practice, and maintaining AACN Healthy Work Environment Standards
* Current RN license in the state of New Jersey required.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) strongly preferred.
* CCRN certificiation is highly strongly preferred.
* Telemetry certification required.
* ACLS/BLS/CPR certifications required
* Proficiency in the care of complex medical, cardiac and surgical patients
* Experience with CRRT, IABP, Therapeutic Hypothermia, ICP Monitoring, invasive pressure monitoring, and Roto-Prone strongly preferred.
* NIH Stroke Certification, 12 Lead EKG, Critical Care Course strongly preferred
* National RN certification is required within 2 years of hire.
* Minimum of One (1) year of Telemetry or Critical Care nursing experience is required or an active participant with the Hackensack Meridian Health Nurse Residency program
* Strong clinical skills in the care of critical medical, cardiac, and surgical patients.
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
* Share this job on your Social Network! | More
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.