Per Diem Registration Specialist 10/12/2017
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: We are conveniently located at 1135 Tremont St. Our offices are tucked in neatly next to the college campus of Northeastern University. Within walking distance are Symphony Hall, the Huntington Theater, the New England Conservatory of Music, and the Museum of Fine Arts. If it s a nice day, we are just a home run trot away from Fenway Park.
For easy access to the rest of city and the suburbs, both the Commuter Rail and the Orange line are located right next door.
Our department offers flexible hours, casual dress and the panache of working for a world class medical institution.
We take pride in supporting the patient first mission of Beth Israel Deaconess by managing the revenue cycle and offer an incentive program to all employees to encourage the best financial results possible.
Our department offers diverse professional opportunities by interacting and supporting clinical area operations, by implementing cutting edge systems and by our commitment to a work/life approach to business.
Come work and grow with the Revenue Cycle Department of Beth Israel Deaconess
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 22719BR
JOB SUMMARY: Verifyies registration information over the phone and with patients seen in outpatient clinics. Reporting to the Access Support
Unit Supervisor, documents all fiscal and demographic information in the medical center's computer system to ensure proper billing for services provided.
* Registers patients via telephone or by registration form in order to collect all necessary demographic and fiscal data needed for proper billing, follow up, managed care and patient care. Provides site registration coverage as needed in order to support patient flow across the medical center.
* Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively with the patient and patient's family. Contributes to a positive patient experience for patients and families through courteous phone greetings and registration activities. Demonstrates positive, proactive approach required for the implementation of new program and services which support department's goals and objectives.
* Manages daily reports to coincide with departmental goals of obtaining eligibility and demographic information five to seven days before the scheduled appointment. Following established procedures verifies insurance eligibility, benefits, plan type, PCC, PCP and effective date by phone, POS, NEHEN and available on-line computer systems.
* Enters new or updated demographic and fiscal information into the medical center's registration/billing systems to support proper billing.
* Assists patients/families with any questions they may have in regard to the medical center.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Proficient key boarding skills for data entry.
* Ability to navigate between more than one computer systems.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally