Performance and Benchmarking Engineer 2/20/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Performance and Benchmarking Engineer
Salesforce hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud in the world. The hardware infrastructure that enables this innovation and the underlying applications have a complex relationship that drives infrastructure economics. Salesforce is building a performance and benchmarking team to bridge the gap between applications and hardware.
* Understand software architecture and key measures of throughput and response time for major applications, with a focus on improving customer experience.
* Develop application benchmarks
* Automate benchmarking tools to measure changes in performance as hardware and applications evolve
* Build test environments to measure changes in applications and hardware
* Work with application teams to characterize throughput and response time
* Understand application owners roadmaps and impacts on resource consumption, throughput and response time
* Collaborate with capacity planning team to evaluate cost/capacity tradeoffs
* Work with hardware teams to define architecture
* Develop portable synthetic benchmarks to approximate application characteristics
* Experience in developing and executing benchmarks, with a focus on identifying benchmarks + benchmark parameters that are most appropriate.
* 8+ years of development experience
* Experience with Python, Java, and C++ in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
* Experience with scale-out data center architectures
* Experience with large system architectures and the curiosity to understand how major Salesforce applications and services work
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and world's #1 CRM empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.