Principal Capacity Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2017
END DATE 8/2/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud in the world. The hardware infrastructure that enables this innovation and the underlying applications have a complex relationship that drives infrastructure economics. Salesforce is building a performance and benchmarking team to bridge the gap between applications and hardware.
* Understand scale-out software architecture and key measures of throughput and response time for major applications.
* Write performance and capacity-related tests and analysis tools.
* Automate tools to measure changes in performance as hardware and applications evolve.
* Tackle performance issues with state of the art hardware, and applications to identify bottlenecks and optimize performance.
* Work with application developers to find the best way to scale infrastructure, characterize transactional throughput and response time, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency and understand roadmaps.
* Work with hardware teams to define architecture and implementation of cutting edge hardware technologies based on application requirements.
* Enable hardware partners to optimize products for Salesforce workloads by developing portable synthetic benchmarks to approximate application characteristics.
* Own and drive overall Salesforce capacity planning work for all different products/services and recommend server acquisition and DC expansion plan.
* Work with financial analysts, operations, and engineering to perform cutting-edge technologies investigation and cost analysis.
* Experience in developing and executing benchmarks, with a focus on identifying benchmarks + benchmark parameters that are most appropriate
* 8+ years of development experience
* Experience with Python, Java, and C++ in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
* Experience with scale-out data center architectures
* Experience with large system architectures and the curiosity to understand how major Salesforce applications and services work
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and world's #1 CRM empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.