Photovoltaic Field Technician 9/19/2017
ENGIE North America Inc.
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The world needs energy professionals who see the big picture. At OpTerra, we offer careers that empower dedicated individuals to work with a dynamic team across many fields from engineering and sustainable design, to business development, financing, and marketing. If you want to be part of a large, supportive organization where your voice will be heard, join us to power a brighter energy future together.
OpTerra is a pioneer in advancing the sustainable energy economy, energizing opportunity and building positive impact for the communities, institutions, and businesses we serve.
As a subsidiary of ENGIE, the number one energy efficiency services provider in the world, OpTerra Energy Services provides a unique and extensive set of energy and sustainability management services to thousands of customers across the U.S. We have helped our partners achieve over $2 billion in energy savings to date while delivering positive environmental and community impact in the diverse regions in which we work.
The Operations and Maintenance Photovoltaic Field Technician manages the maintenance activities for a large number of solar photovoltaic projects. The associate will interact with his or her supervisor regularly.
The Operations and Maintenance Photovoltaic Field Technician will be responsible for the following:
* Maintain the performance of each photovoltaic project subject to performance guarantees. Respond to trouble tickets in a reasonable timely fashion. Troubleshoot and take corrective action and maintain service reports.
* Develop work scopes for service work orders on repairs issues that require subcontracted assistance.
* Review annual preventative maintenance service reports to identify issues that require follow up corrective action. Provide feedback to the PV O&M Manager and plan the corrective action for scope of work.
* Maintain detailed expense records for all service calls including parts costs, tools, mileage, and timekeeping utilizing company provided software tools.
* Utilize as well as create and refine reporting systems for summary and status to management.
* Perform re-commissioning, and site inspections as needed.
* Comply 100% with all safety requirements
* Other tasks as assigned by Manager/Supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* CERTIFIED CA JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN
* Four years technical or engineering degree
* 6-10 years of experience
* Experience with PV design, installation, and/or maintenance, use of computer hardware, software tools, MS tools (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* The position must abide by and understand the safety requirements of the NEC electrical code, NFPA70 and OSHA 30.
* All project work must abide by the O&M and/or Performance Guarantee contract terms. Specifically pertaining to the maintenance to be performed on customer sites with respect to customer safety requirements, DOJ Livescan and site access terms and conditions.
* Collaborative and communicative: The position must work very close with the PV manager for daily tasks and directions.
* Analytical skills: The position requires reviewing PV system performance reports and troubleshooting under-performance issues as well as outage problems at customer sites.
* Technical requirement of commissioning, troubleshooting of solar electrical generation systems, and monitoring communication equipment.
* Ability to Travel 90% of the time
* Normal Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
* The position may be based out of employee home office with field responsibilities in California
* Location: San Diego, California.
* Hours: Full time, 40 hours (Non-exempt)
* Reports to: O&M Manager
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the OpTerra Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to OpTerra Managers.