Physical Therapist - Inpatient
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/7/2018
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTION**Incentives up to $15k available to qualified applicants.** Plans, organizes and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team. Supervises work of support personnel.
* Interprets physicians' referrals for physical therapy services and selects the appropriate diagnostic or prognostic procedures for evaluating patients' disabilities such as muscle weakness, joint limitation, loss of functional ability and sensory deficiency from muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases and injuries or birth defects.
* Performs evaluation procedures and analyzes the results to determine the extent of patients' disabilities, establish patient goals, assess functional progress, and to develop and adjust initial and subsequent treatment programs.
* Conducts tests of strength, upright motor control, spasticity, sensation, proprioception, visual field, bulbar functions, cognition, gait analysis, body image, electro-diagnostic, and other tests.
* Performs complex treatments such as proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, muscle re-education, bulbar treatment and use of plaster splints for positioning a body member.
* Confers with physicians regarding evaluation, treatment and progress of patients and expresses judgments upon which physicians base decisions to improve the patient's function using a wide variety of surgical or bracing procedures.
* Advises allied health personnel, teachers and families regarding patients' progress and discharge plans. Participates on an interdisciplinary team and reports on assigned patients condition and progress.
* Supervises patient care treatments and procedures delegated or assigned to a Physical Therapy Assistant, or other support personnel, explaining each assigned patient's treatment programs, demonstrating unfamiliar procedures, and reviewing and discussing work performed.
* Supervises and maintains recording of patients' treatment plans and progress notes.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school of Physical Therapy, required
* Current license as a Physical Therapist in the State of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Qualifications CO-Grand Junction