Physical Therapist 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as requested by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant and coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate patient s level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment. EF Monitor patient progress; maintain timely and accurate patient records. EF (Quality)
2. Complete all patient documentation and enter charges for services provided. EF (Finance)
3. Supervise those treatment delegated to PTA s and technicians. EF (Quality)
4. Ensure proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment. EF (Finance)
5. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client s current treatment, progress and discharge planning. EF (Quality)
6. Consistently provides education to patient, family and/or caregivers (Service)
7. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills(written and verbal communication), ability to deal with difficult situations . (People)
8. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards. EF (Service)
9. Follows all safety rules on the job. EF (Quality)
10. Perform other job duties as assigned. (Service)
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess current PT license with the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiner;
Be eligible for Temporary Texas PT License; must obtain permanent Texas PT licensure within 90 days of employment.
American Heart Association BLS.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Utilizes standard Rehabilitation equipment as required
Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital is the first specialty hospital in the Houston Methodist family. Located in the heart of the Katy community, the facility provides a special menu of services for both inpatient and outpatient care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion: APPLY.