Physician Assistant - Occupational Health 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ST. VINCENT HEALTHCARE SEEKS AN OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT for our clinic. The St. Vincent Occupational Health Clinic is ideally located with our Walk-In and Family Practice clinics, for seamless referrals. Our clinic and staff have a collaborative working relationships with our orthopedic group and primary care physicians.
* Monday - Friday 8-5 Clinic hours
* Competitive Salary and Benefits, with Loan repayment, sign on bonus, and relocation
* St. Vincent Healthcare contracts with over 400 companies; including refineries, mines and the local railway
* The clinic is staffed with NP/PAs, OT, PT, an RN Care Manager and 12 support staff
* Outreach and Marketing Departments support providers new to St. Vincent Healthcare
OUTSIDE MAGAZINE\'S #1 TOWN for 2016, Billings is a destination for outdoor enthusiasts! In Billings, providers can reap big-city medicine benefits in a smaller community. We have a remarkable art scene with multiple galleries, museums and a local theatre commissioning national productions and world famous entertainers. Billings is centrally located with easy access to anything from fabulous restaurants to quintessential mountain hiking. We boast a traveler friendly airport in a safe city with very little traffic! Montana is truly splendid; offering views, adventure and landscape incomparable to anything in the U.S
In this position, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Certified (NP, PA-C) provides quality, primary healthcare services in collaboration with Physicians in accordance with Montana State Law and St. Vincent Healthcare standards. These services may be provided in various outpatient clinic, long term care, hospital and home settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and information, and formulates plans of care.
* Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of practice, training and credentialing.
* Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
* Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
* Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with regulatory requirements and national standards.
* Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve performance.
* Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in system redesign.
* Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
* Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration between community resources.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (Site Specific)
* Assists with the development of new and revised services, programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
* Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
* Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as directed.
STAFF SUPERVISION (Site Specific)
* Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately, effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
* Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations. Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of assigned staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Requirements are
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
* Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the MT State Board of Nursing and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing or American Academy of Family Nurse Practitioners; Prescriptive Authority by the Montana State Board of Nursing and DEA License
* Licensed as a Physician Assistant-Certified by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners; Prescriptive Authority by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners and DEA License
* Current BLS certification
* ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site specific).
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings