Physician Reviewer 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Healthcare in America is focused on quality, efficiency, and value. Qualis Health is at the forefront, partnering with clients in the private and public sectors to improve care delivery and patient outcomes. Our work makes a positive difference in the health of millions of Americans across the country, but it s the contributions of local teams and individuals that make our mission, values, and vision a reality every day.
We re honored to have been selected to partner with the State of Kansas to provide retrospective utilization review services for the Department of Health and Environment, Division of Health Care Finance (KDHE-DHCF).
In this role, you would:
* Apply clinical judgment, evidenced-based medicine, and other resources to render timely decisions on clinical peer reviews.
* Interact with patients attending physicians regarding potential decertification and related matters.
* Provide appropriate and timely subject matter expertise and other support to clinical reviewers, case managers, and PPC consultants.
* Participate in on-going random IRR audits.
* Ensure that reviews meet standard for clarity of decision-making and recordkeeping.
NOTE: This is an on-call position with no set schedule or guarantee of hours.
* MD or DO from an accredited institution.
* Current, active, and unrestricted licensure in Kansas.
* 4+ years of medical practice.
Qualis Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that embraces and practices diversity, reflecting the communities we serve. We encourage minorities,Protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Thank you for your interest in working with us!