This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 8/30/2018
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions:
- The Pipeline Specialist's responsibilities include technical support, training, project development and execution, O&M and Capital budget support and management, as well as support of corporate initiatives/projects.
- The Pipeline Specialist works with Regional locations to provide technical support for pipeline facilities/activities within the Region that include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing training, direction and technical assistance to field operating personnel on the class location process and the Class Works Program, facilitate the Class Works verification/review process, submit class change projects to Division engineering for future budgeting and completion.
- Assume lead role in addressing proposed encroachment activities by outside parties including landowner actions, road and highway projects, municipal and utility projects, developer and residential projects, etc.
- Pipeline Shut-out, Start-up and PSSR Procedure training, facilitation, review and approval
- Skill Qualification and Operator Qualification training and skill evaluations and re-verifications of field operating personnel related to pipeline operations and maintenance.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including design, procurement, contracts, construction/implementation, documentation, cost tracking and forecasting.
- Provide a leadership role in the company's response to pipeline emergencies and failures.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis of assigned abnormal operations, near misses, failures and incidents.
- Work closely with Corrosion Techs/Specialists to insure accuracy of CP survey data collection and proper analysis of data to insure pipeline coating, rectifier and groundbed systems are providing corrosion protection for the pipeline.
- Position requires approximately 75% travel within area of responsibility.
- The Pipeline Specialist reports to the Director of Operations.
- Basic education with specialized course work or training in physical sciences, mathematics, mechanical technology, and personnel management.
- Qualified candidates should possess an Associate or Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field plus with a minimum of seven years of experience or a total of ten to twelve years' experience for a non-degreed professional in pipeline related operations.
- Candidate expected to have effective written & verbal communication skills:as well as interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment necessary to maintain a good rapport with internal and external customers.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, have good organizational skills and be able to accept constantly changing priorities with minimum supervision.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Previous experience in conducting group training sessions is a plus.
- Should be a good communicator and work planner with excellent work ethics,
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Incumbent is subject to extended work-days and/or work-weeks.
- Required to carry a cell phone and is subject to 24-hr/day callout at any time for emergency response.
- Subject to hazardous conditions including escaping gas, adverse weather conditions and temperatures, heights, high-pressure gas, and cramped conditions.
- Ability to travel is required and may be extensive at times.
- Candidate must have a proven safe driving record.
- Required to take & pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to a background check. (New hire only)
- Required to adhere and is subject to all U. S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol related regulations
Paid relocation negotiable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications