Pipeline Tech A 10/12/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
Performs operations and maintenance activities related to pipeline, gas compressors and measurement.
- Operates compressor station and dehydrator.
- Operates and maintains pipeline.
- Pigs pipelines and solves other restriction problems.
- Maintains and operates chemical injection pumps.
- Maintains stations and sites.
- Assists mechanics on compressor maintenance.
- Reads and interprets pipeline maps.
- Locates and marks pipelines for line locates.
- Collects gas samples when needed.
- Complies with company safety policies.
- Attends meetings and participates in the safety program.
- Complies with company policies concerning regulatory compliance and assists in documentation of compliance.
- Trains and develops junior field operators.
- Develops, promotes and maintains positive relations with pumpers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in pipeline operations
- Experienced in using line locating equipment to locate underground piping and conduit
- Proven experience using computer programs to pull one call tickets and mark ETC lines prior to 3rd party excavation
- Knowledge to conduct pressure surveys on gathering lines and central delivery points
- Experienced in monitor natural gas quality using sampling equipment i.e. Dra ger, Gastech or Sensidyne pumps and tubes
- Proven experience using computer programs such as Delorme Street mapping or X Map equivalent to locate Energy Transfer underground piping.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to respond to emergency call-outs within one hour of call
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Work outside in all types of inclement weather
- Must have a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time over a vast region
- Repetitively standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, and twisting for long periods of time
- Climb ladders up to 25 feet
- Ability to use torque wrench and hand tools (20-600 lbs. of force)
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Work in hot/cold temperature extremes for long periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications