This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnergy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
The Pipeline Technician can work independently to repair and maintain all pipe lines and appurtenances and performs work incidental to the daily operation and maintenance of pump stations and delivery facilities. Responsible for right-of-way maintenance including line-marking. Participates in construction projects as needed. This position performs all gauging activities at meter stations, assists technicians and relieves the Measurement Technician. Must be willing to respond to call-outs and travel.
- Performs duties related to general pipeline construction and maintenance such as, but not limited to digging ditches, clearing right-of-way, coating pipe, building and repairing fences.
- Work also involves running scrapers, operating small portable pumps and repairing pipeline leaks. This position also installs right-of-way signs and markers and provides inspection of contract employees performing maintenance activities.
- Does general maintenance of station grounds such as mowing, trimming, and cutting weeds. Loads and unloads heavy materials related to pipeline equipment.
- Operates Company vehicles up to 10,000 GVW such as trucks and tractors. Also uses pipe saws, hot-tap machines etc. as directed. Cleans office and shop facilities.
- Interfaces with land owners, reads maps, locates lines and performs one calls.
- Responsible for helping maintain safe and healthful working conditions by exercising sound judgment and complying with safety regulations and standards.
- Performs relief gauging and tank inspection requiring working at heights up to 50 feet above ground level.
- As directed, relieves in all higher-rated hourly classifications where qualified normally within that respective work area. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year service as a Pipeline Technician position or five years relevant industry experience.
- Must be able to work overtime as assigned and respond to emergency response activities as needed.
- Must be self-reliant, dependable, and able to maintain harmonious working relations with co-workers.
- Must write legibly, maintain neat appearance, be accurate in math, and maintain a good safety attitude and record.
- Must be able to perform heavy physical work, and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Control center experience, highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications