Pipeline Technician 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Holly Energy Partners located in Tulsa, OK is seeking a Pipeline Technician. The Pipeline Technician conducts assignments and duties for the Pipeline Department under general supervision. Leads the work of others from time to time as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Works primarily on pipeline electrical/instrumentation equipment and ensures equipment is operating properly
* Troubleshoots, tests, maintains, repairs, and installs low voltage (480 volts or less) electrical/instrumentation equipment
* Maintains pipeline integrity and instrumentation operators use to obtain information
* Installs and calibrates instruments and safety equipment and ensures that all calibration reports are current
* Ensures that all test equipment, gauges and relief valves are certified
* Performs minor pump repairs
* Programs SCADA controls and equipment required to safely operate and maintain pipelines and terminals as necessary
* Balances the terminal (i.e., Barrels in/Barrels out)
* Performs quality control checks on the product
* Responds to upsets and abnormal operating instances
* Generates various reports for daily distribution
* Verifies compliance with DOT requirements
* Ensures operations and safety procedures are followed at all times
* May be responsible for dig test one call system, monitoring one calls, and dispatching to the location as needed
* May be responsible for training less experienced technicians
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years of job-related experience is required.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
A Bachelor s Degree is preferred.
Working knowledge of the pipeline industry or related industry. Working knowledge of instrumentation methods and the ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to the company. Basic reading and writing skills required with the ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams/schematics. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
Familiarity with programmable logic controller (PLC), a general familiarization with DOT safety rules and regulations, and special training in Instrumentation and the SCADA system are all preferred.
Office and field based with up 10% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse and plant environment, out-of-doors, and driver environments, including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, and exposure to the risk of electrical shock. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 50lbs, climbing up to 48 ft, perceiving color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards are not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver s license and proof of insurance required, and strenuous physical activity.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About Holly Energy Partners
Holly Energy Partners, L.P. ( HEP ) is a Delaware limited partnership formed in early 2004 by HollyFrontier and is headquarted in Dallas, Texas. Holly Energy Partners owns and operates substantially all of the refined product pipeline and terminaling assets that support HollyFrontier s refining and marketing operations in the Mid-Continent, Southwest and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States.
* Approximately 3,400 miles of crude oil and petroleum product pipelines
* 14 million barrels of refined product and crude oil storage
8 terminals and 7 loading rack facilities in 10 western and mid-continent states
Join Holly Energy Partners where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.