Plant Operator B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions:
- Operates plant facilities' various equipment/systems, including but not limited to: engines and compressors, pumps, pressure relief system, instrument air system, reciprocating compressors, gas fired heaters, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet gas receivers and NGL storage and transfer facilities.
- Primary work area will be outside operator. May be asked to work the 'A' position during special circumstances.
- Also operates radio, performs lab tests for quality assurance, diagnoses mechanical problems, makes minor repairs as needed, assists other crafts personnel and other tasks including filter changes, cleaning screens and 'Y' strainers.
- Other responsibilities include stop and start plant compression, make rounds check liquid levels, temperatures and pressures.
- Responsibilities also include SPCC reporting, prevention and reporting of any spills and monitoring environmental compliance.
- Will also perform lockout/tagout procedures.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass all PSM-required operator certifications
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Ability to assume & perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
- Work well with others and also be able to perform work independently.
- Demonstrate sound judgment.
- Work with 'A' Operator to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Have knowledge of safety rules and practices and a very good safety record.
- Have minimal mechanical aptitude.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Have a history of being dependable & reliable.
- Good organizational skills, good customer relations skills, and a record of very positive work performance.
- Prefer mechanical or instrumentation background
- At least 2 years of previous operations experience in a gas processing facility.
- 4 years general experience in the oil/gas industry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience operating, starting, and stopping Caterpillar natural gas engines and Ariel compressor packages
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving record and a reliable means of transportation
- Possess reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
- Shift work will require working days, nights, holidays in all weather conditions and overtime
- Dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
- May require walking and standing up to 12 hours a day
- Physical capabilities of: standing, walking, bending, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, frequent heavy lifting
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications