Plate Maker 10/12/2017
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
* Follow production expectations and help to settle any deadline conflicts.
* Review job ticket instructions to determine customer requirements.
* Operation of Flexo plate exposure, processor, drying and light/finishing units, digital imager video drill, solvent distillation units, and optical mounting devices.
* Follow film-filing procedures.
* Manage consignment inventory and re-ordering procedures.
* When handing off jobs to co-workers/next shift, clearly communicate any information for them to complete the job
* Operate with safe work habits strictly following all EH&S rules.
* QC all work outlined within the standardize work rules.
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment at proper intervals.
* Participate in the problem solving process, and give positive feedback towards any improvement ideas.
* Comply with all SGS standards and applicable regulations.
* Comply with SGS policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
* Keep work area organized and clean
* Attend all training sessions and other company-wide and departmental meetings.
* Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by management. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Â You may be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by your manager or other management personnel.
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
Trade school certificate in Graphic Arts/Printing or equivalent experience.
Preferably 3 years experience making photopolymer plates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Â Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, there is a requirement to sit/stand (or combination of) for Â­Â­Â­Â­8 hours per day, walk, reach with hands and arms, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, interact verbally in person and on the phone, visual acuity to include close vision.
Lift and/or move up to 50-65 lbs. regularly.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",