This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
Cox Automotive is looking for a standout Systems Engineer for our growing team at Kelley Blue Book. Do you have excellent experience building, migrating and running large-scale web environments in Private and Public Cloud platforms? Are you a scripting/automation guru, able to bend servers and serverless environments to your will? Do you believe in and develop Infrastructure-as-Code? Do you take pride in working with a team to solve complex business and technological challenges in new and creative ways? Finally, do you wish to be part of the largest group of automotive web properties on the Internet? If so, then read on.
Specific duties and responsibilities (include but not limited to):
* Participate in the design, planning and implementation of new or changing systems
* Define and evaluate integration strategies and architecture enhancements to meet mission objectives. Help develop detailed technical plans to guide development and integration activities
* Share knowledge by effectively documenting work and processes
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of assigned support areas including technologies used and internal processes
* Ensure Cox/KBB engineering standards are being followed
* Conduct requirement analyses and capacity planning
* Manage and address service requests in a timely manner using ITIL concepts around change, incident and problem management
* Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
* Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Possess leadership skills and effectively collaborate and communicate with immediate team members and Cox/KBB business contacts at all levels
* Ability to work with minimal or no supervision on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in this environment
* Utilizes provided tools, logic, and other appropriate resources to make decisions
* Develop technology plans and road maps for migration of systems and the development/analysis of recommendations for upgrades and enhancements to the existing IT infrastructure
* Proactively seek out new training initiatives and alternative ways to stay current on new technology and methodologies
* Participate in on-call rotation of 24x7 support and be flexible in availability as needed
* Ability to travel ~10%
* Experience with lift and shift migrations and new implementations with IaaS and PaaS solutions on Public Cloud platforms (AWS required)
* Experience with Private Cloud virtualization technologies (VMware)
* Excellent infrastructure technical foundation on Platforms (heavy Windows experience required, Linux a plus), Storage and Networking
* Development experience with PowerShell (and Python is a plus)
* Assistance of large-scale and multi-tiered web site/services across geographically dispersed locations with an emphasis on Microsoft technologies (IIS, .NET, MSSQL) and distributed cache
* Experience developing and maintaining Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration Management (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible and Microsoft DSC a plus)
* Pluses: Working knowledge of: Apache, Database platforms (Dynamo, MySQL), Octopus, Jenkins, DevOps and CI/CD type concepts
* Working knowledge of infrastructure and application monitoring and logging (Splunk, AppDynamics, New Relic, CloudWatch a plus)
* Current AWS, Microsoft or related certification is plus
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent industry experience
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer dot com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has 33,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 60,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.