Platform Technology - Critical Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) - Java-Developer/Integrator - Vice President - Jersey
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/9/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
This is a role as a Java developer within the Critical Infrastructure Engineering team. The team is responsible for driving innovation, and building cost effective and risk managed solutions with a commercial mindset in the areas of Identity and Access Management (Kerberos, Active Directory, Certificate Services, etc.), User and Endpoint Security (Bit9, FIBRE, etc.), Managed File Transfer, and several cross-platform enterprise critical services such as LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, Credential Vault, Time Services, and others
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* The team is responsible for elevating the firm s security posture by innovating in our identity and access management, such as federated authentication, Credential Vault, and identity workflow and lifecycle management.
* CIE engineers the foundational infrastructure services that are consumed by the entire firm, including Active Directory, Kerberos, DNS, public key infrastructure, antivirus, and many others. CIE also develops and manages a suite of APIs to expose our services to the rest of the firm.
* The team is frequently enabling and actively engaged in client facing businesses, such as Marcus, GS Bank, and Prime Services providing state of the art identity and access management solutions and file transfer tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Deep technical understanding required to develop modules ranging from server components to user interfaces in a Global Delivery Model
* Strong knowledge of Java
* Understanding of Dependencies Injection and proficiency with Spring Framework
* Proficiency with REST/JSON, Messaging, SQL and NoSQL technologies
* Demonstrated experience developing REST Services and Service Oriented Architectures
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining distributed, scalable, highly available systems
* Experience with debugging, troubleshooting, code optimization and issue resolution
* Familiarity with developer best practices with flexibility to adapt to the team*s established best practices and environment
* Ability to read, understand and make changes to components developed in other languages - Perl, Python, C, C#
* The person must be self-motivated, moving the project forward against any obstacles, production or otherwise, along the way. The candidate must be capable of working independently on problem solving and issue investigation.
* The person will work with his/her local/global team and managers to help define their business practices and suggest solutions that improve efficiency
* The person will need to influence and motivate people of various interests and seniority levels. He/she needs to show past experience in utilizing various influence skills. Candidate must be able to present to Ability to present to management, internal client audiences or professional peers.
* Fundamental understanding of networking and authentication protocols
* Understanding of load-balancing/high-availability solutions
* Strong ownership
* Demonstrated focus on code quality and execution excellence
* Ability and desire to deliver innovative solutions while meeting aggressive timelines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.