JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Installs plumbing systems and fixtures in compliance with codes. Assists the journeyman plumbers in the installation of commercial plumbing systems and specialty systems including air, medical gases, fire suppression, non-potable water, condensate, heating, steam, etc. Traces water, medical gas and steam lines for valve for shutdowns. Field checks construction projects to ensure accurate print information (and ensure code compliance) such as location of pipes, valves and hanger supports; pipe sizes, etc.
* Troubleshoots and repairs plumbing systems and fixtures in compliance with codes, ordinances and statutes. Troubleshoots and repairs plugged or broken drain and sewer lines, pipes and toilets; leaking pipes, faucets and toilets; problems with backflow preventors and fire suppression system, etc. Prioritizes and responds to all emergency plumbing calls.
* Performs preventative maintenance inspections on all plumbing systems. For example, film processor drains, city water loop, water filters, drain and sewer machines, plumbing van, etc. Also, maintains and tests backflow preventors.
* Conducts planning and documentation activities. Reads blueprints and drawings to determine procedures, applicability in field and needs for jobs/projects. Assists in the procurement of materials to complete jobs/projects. Reviews jobs with journeyman plumbers, master technicians, shop managers, project managers, etc. Updates, gathers, and verifies information on one-line drawings, system prints and documentation. Completes daily activity paperwork including recording time and materials expenditures on projects and work orders.
* Uses tools and equipment appropriately. Knows when and how to use tools and equipment to perform the job in an efficient, effective and safe manner. Consistently uses tools and equipment correctly on the job.
* Provides the information necessary to maintain the system of metrics designed to measure FMS effectiveness at timely responsiveness to work order tickets created through appropriate dispatch service. Adjusts work activities and timelines as necessary to optimize response time on work order trouble tickets (e.g. average time to close tickets).
* Maintains and contributes to a safe work environment. Adheres to all safety policies, procedures and practices, including the wearing of protective clothing and gear. Consistently uses tools and equipment correctly on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects or reports safety hazards.
* Models the behaviors embodied in the ICARE values. Treats patients and colleagues with compassion, respect and dignity. Hears, considers and values the beliefs and opinions of others and works to cooperatively resolve problems. Delivers on commitments in a responsible and timely fashion. Demonstrates pride in the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of High School or GED equivalent. Continued education in a formalized technical or trade school or in an approved training program is highly desirable and may substitute for some portion of the experience requirement.
Six years to eight experience in the particular area of technical specialty in a healthcare or similar general maintenance capacity. Additional experience may substitute for educational requirement. Must be able to demonstrate general technical knowledge of equipment normally associated with their area of expertise.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Journeyman license is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties. APPLY.