This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Plumber II is responsible for performing multiple aspects of plumbing and pipefitting work for new construction, remodeling or maintenance of the facility. For new construction or remodeling the Plumber II inspects sites; obtains materials; and assists in the installation of commercial hospital plumbing systems, specialty systems, and other related features. For maintenance, the Plumber II performs safety and preventative maintenance inspections; obtains materials; and maintains, installs, and repairs commercial plumbing systems, specialty systems and other related fixtures. The Plumber II coordinates system shutdowns for contractors and construction plumbers; responds to emergency plumbing calls; and ensures all plumbing work complies with applicable codes, ordinances, statutes, and standards.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
* Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
* INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
* COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
* RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
* EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE 10 %
* Delivers on commitments in a responsible and timely fashion.
* Communicates status of work to be performed and any follow-up action to the client or co-worker.
SERVICE - 35 %
* Troubleshoots and repairs plumbing systems and fixtures in compliance with codes, ordinances and statutes. Troubleshoots and repairs plugged or broken drain and sewer lines, pipes and toilets; leaking pipes, faucets and toilets; problems with backflow preventors and fire suppression system, etc. Prioritizes and responds to all emergency plumbing calls.
* Installs plumbing systems and fixtures in compliance with codes. Performs the installation of commercial plumbing systems and specialty systems including air, medical gases, fire suppression, non-potable water, condensate, heating, steam, etc. Traces water, medical gas and steam lines for valve for shutdowns. Field checks construction projects to ensure accurate print information (and ensure code compliance) such as location of pipes, valves and hanger supports; pipe sizes, etc.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 35 %
* Maintains and contributes to a safe work environment. Adheres to all safety policies, procedures and practices, including the wearing of protective clothing and gear. Reports accidents promptly and corrects or reports safety hazards.
* Uses tools and equipment in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
* Conducts planning and documentation activities. Reads blueprints and drawings to determine procedures, applicability in field and needs for jobs/projects. Assists in the procurement of materials to complete jobs/projects. Reviews jobs with master technicians, shop managers, project managers, etc. Updates, gathers, and verifies information on one-line drawings, system prints and documentation. Completes daily activity paperwork including recording time and materials expenditures on projects and work orders.
FINANCE - 10 %
* Provides the information necessary to maintain the system of metrics designed to measure FMS effectiveness at timely responsiveness to work order tickets created through appropriate dispatch service. Adjusts work activities and timelines as necessary to optimize response time on work order trouble tickets (e.g. average time to close tickets).
* Identifies cost saving or revenue opportunities.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
* Cross-trains in multiple trade areas including but not limited to Electrical, HVAC, Building Automation, and P-tube.
* Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or service.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
* High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
* Five years Plumber experience. Experience in a healthcare or similar institutional setting preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Journeyman Plumber License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrates the skills, competencies, and technical knowledge necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
* Demonstrates proficiency in using a computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties. APPLY.