Porter - Hospital Hill (Varied Hours)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/21/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Porter performs a variety of cleaning tasks, maintaining clean and sanitary condition in all Food Service Area. May include dishwashing; pot washing general sanitation, cleaning an use of kitchen equipment may assist in the service and storage of food. Work is performed under close supervision by a Food Service/Nutrition Service or other designated supervisor.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
* Good interpersonal skills required to meet and service the public.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to speak and read the English language
* Maintain a Food Handler s Card.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
* Must be able to perform motor skills such as bending, twisting, turning, kneeling, reaching out/up, wrist turning, torquing, grasping, and finger manipulation.
* Ability to communicate verbally to patients, customers and co-workers.
* Ability to interact positively and empathetically with patients, customers and co-workers.
* High school diploma or GED