Powertrain EMS/OBD Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
Superior Township, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for a Powertrain EMS/OBD Development Engineer at our Superior Township, MI Location that will:
* Interpret & Analyze Engine Control Systems Logic & OBD Logic.
* Verify proper operation of Basic EMS Algorithms & Software
* Procure Tools and Components necessary to create appropriate test conditions
* Research vendors, obtain quotes, create Purchase Requisition and follow Purchasing procedures.
* Calibrate Basic EMS functions & verify its effectiveness in a variety of Ambient Conditions & Component variation
* Hot & Cold and High Low Altitudes, within the Compliance ranges
* Limit Parts Tolerance
* Understands the Exhaust Emissions Legal Requirements for mass production application (CARB, EPA)
* Verifies EMS functionality assessing its ability to meet Emissions, Fuel Economy & Driveability requirements
* Calibrates EMS Functions for mass production applications ensuring
* Compliance to the Emissions Regulation
* Robustness against Component & Environmental Conditions expected variations
* Ability to apply Statistical tools when appropriate for better data analysis
* Assist in the investigation of eventual issues at the Manufacturing Plants
* Assist in the analysis of field issues. Propose suitable solutions when appropriate / necessary
* Assist in planning and monitoring of department budget
* Create and present technical reports documenting the work
* Support CARB (EPA) Technical reviews
* o Prepare necessary documentation
* Perform basic administrative functions such as timecard, vacation requests, travel requests, etc.
* Support departmental projects as assigned.
* 15% Travel Domestic & International
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* Valid Driver's License
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor