PRACTICE ASSISTANT I / 20 HOURS / DAY / BWH ALLERGY CHESTNUT HILL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Chestnut Hill, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Brigham and Womens Hospital is dedicated to:
* serving the needs of our local and global community
* providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
* expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
* educating the next generation of health care professional
Brigham and Womens Hospital is committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham and Womens Hospital. Your work will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
PEOPLE: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
SELF MANAGEMENT: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
ORGANIZATION: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform entry level administrative skills under general supervision.
* Answer and transfer telephone calls.
* Schedule and register patients for appointments/procedures, confirm appointments/procedures, prepare for patient visit by providing patient with all necessary information and completing all necessary tasks.
* Receive patient at arrival, verify and obtain all necessary information, and ensure forms are completed.
* Ensure all billing/fiscal information is completed and submitted after visit, including collection and daily reconciliation of any co-payments.
* Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
* Provide cross coverage as needed.
* Assist with special projects as directed.
* Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
* Other duties, as assigned.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Minimum six months applicable work experience required.
* Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
* Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
* PHONE SKILLS:
* Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), answer routine questions and give routine information.
* VERBAL SKILLS:
* Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer routine questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS:
* Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly way and to sort and alphabetize.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
* WRITING SKILLS:
* Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
* SYSTEM SKILLS:
* Ability to type and enter data at an entry level. Entry level understanding of applicable systems.
* Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms.
* Basic understanding and use of medical terminology.
* Basic comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
* Basic comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
* Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
BWH BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
1. PEOPLE: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
INCLUSIVENESS : Maintain an environment where individuals value and respect differences in all situations. Stand firm against intolerance and bias to create a welcoming environment and respect all individuals regardless of race, gender identity, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, religion, socio-economic status, or national origin.
* Work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, roles, backgrounds and/or styles
* Contribute to a positive team environment where differences are respected, supported and are free from stereotyping and offensive comments
* Be professional when approached about behaviors that might be perceived as disrespectful
OPEN COMMUNICATION: The ability to effectively articulate and receive information in a clear, concise and timely manner.
* Practice active listening skills
* Foster and maintain an environment that respects open dialogue, differences of opinion, as well as diverse communication styles
* Ensure that information is shared in a clear, accurate, and timely manner using the appropriate communication method for your audience
* Express oneself clearly and professionally in your verbal, non-verbal, written, and electronic communication
BUILDING COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships between ones area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve organizational goals.
* Take initiative to support others and build productive relationships that will lead to a cohesive workplace
* Interact effectively with other team members, departments and customers to accomplish organizational goals
ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS: Understand how ones own work affects the organization as a whole and demonstrate a commitment to the organizational goals.
* Support and respect BWHs mission, vision, values and history
* Understand and recognize how your individual role and department impacts the organization
2. SELF MANAGEMENT: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
EMBRACING CHANGE: Demonstrate adaptability and openness to organizational changes needed to improve effectiveness and goals.
* Support and positively participate in organizational and/or job specific changes
* Initiate appropriate action when change is needed
* Be flexible and open to new ideas
* Adapt to shifting priorities
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.