Pre-Construction Services Manager/Estimator 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Miller-Valentine Construction is seeking a Pre-Construction Services Manager/Estimator to provide leadership and direction by strategically planning, directing and coordinating activities primarily pertaining to commercial design/build construction projects. Directly manages the pre-construction operations in the Southeast. Participates in client meetings with Business Developer, creates preliminary budgets, tracks and communicates cost changes and categorizes the cost centers, i.e. scope change, design, inflation, etc. Provides value engineering feedback to the owner, performs cost exercises based on owners need to understand building assemblies. Oversees and manages the deliverables to the owner from the Pre-construction team. Collaborates with the Division VP of Construction on pre-construction projects relating to; budgeting, market pricing, historical cost, development scheduling, project durations and site logistics for purposes of proactive forward planning for the project teams. Background check, MVR report, and drug testing are required for employment.
* 5 10 years recent pre-construction and estimating experience with commercial design/build construction projects.
* Geographic relevant experience preferred.
* 4 year Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural related degree from an accredited College or University or other related degree if supported by construction oriented course work or experience.
* Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word. Working knowledge of estimating, project management and cost accounting principles and software.
Miller-Valentine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.