Pre-Sales Solution Engineer 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Presales Solution Engineer
If you have an aptitude for learning technology, love optimizing business processes, and you get excited about working with customers and prospects to show them how innovative cloud technologies can transform their business, then this is the role for you!
Working as part our high performance sales organization, the Presales Solution Engineer will work in partnership with the Regional Sales Directors throughout the account development and sales cycle. This will include activities such as account and opportunity planning, discovery, demos, and initial solution positioning. The Presales Solution Engineer will be able to understand current business processes and identify areas where Workiva can deliver significant business outcomes related to financial reporting, close management, corporate performance management, SOX, audit, internal controls, management reporting, and more.
Location: Will consider qualified candidates based near any major metropolitan airport in the Eastern US. Northeast location is ideal.
What you ll do:
* Become an Expert - Build technical and application expertise in Workiva s innovative cloud platform and the domain areas our customers adopt it to successfully reinvent their business processes.
* Work as a Team - Partner with Regional Sales Directors to support the full life cycle of account and opportunity development. Collaborate with all Workiva groups (product managers, engineering, customer success, and other groups) ensuring the successful execution of the account strategy
* Design Solutions Using your process improvement skills and application*expertise you will design approaches and business solutions to meet the customer's goals and objectives.
* Solution Demos - Develop and deliver compelling presentations of Workiva s technology platform to customers using standard or customized software demonstrations to provide proof of our technology s impact and compelling value proposition.
* Build Business Cases Work as part of the sales team to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva s value and ROI.
* Ensure Customer Success Work with Workiva Client Services and Customer Success teams to ensure smooth onboarding of customers and their long term success with our SaaS platform.
* Drive Innovation Keep up on Workiva technology innovations as well as customer requirements to provide a feedback loop on customer and market needs to our Product Management and Development groups.
What you ll need:
* 7+ years in a presales role within the software industry. SaaS presales experience preferred
* Proven business process improvement experience. The ability to whiteboard customers current state processes and propose future state processes to drive positive business outcomes
* 3+ years of experience in finance and accounting software industry preferred financial planning and analysis (FP&A), financial reporting, close management, SOX, audit, internal controls, management reporting
* Experience with business intelligence technologies, databases or data management platforms strongly desired
* Strong understanding of office productivity suites including MS Office, Google Docs and others
* Experience building relationships and becoming viewed as a trusted advisor to customers in achieving their business goals
* Positive, service-oriented attitude that focuses on finding solutions and overcoming obstacles
* Strong sense of customer service and proven ability to meet established timelines
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree required
* 50-70% travel to meet customers, internal trainings and attend conferences
Where You'll Work:
* Check out our Muse Page
* Check out our Newsroom