Predictive Maintenance Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
*Relocation Assistance Available*
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Predictive maintenance technician is responsible for executing the sites predictive maintenance program. Duties include collection and analysis of vibration, ultra sound, and thermographic information for plant equipment, including fans, blowers, electrical motors, pumps, gearboxes, compressors and conveyors. Perform precision maintenance on imbalanced fans, misaligned shaft couplings, loose or weak bases, failed bearings, worn sheaves, improper mountings and improper lubrication. Ensure all plant assets are operating at optimal levels by developing new predictive techniques and programs for plant equipment. Own the lubrication program. Identify optimal operating conditions such as load, speed and environment with the proper lubricant, application frequency, the right amount and correct sealing arrangement in order to achieve the optimum equipment life.
* Works effectively with Reliability Engineers, Process Managers, and Maintenance leadership to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues. Uses initiative to seek out root cause of failures and take steps to correct and prevent recurrences.
* Report on developing fault conditions and provide corrective actions and severity estimates. Coordinate with the Planning group to ensure maintenance requirements are effectively communicated. Perform post repair analysis to verify accuracy of fault identification in order to continuously improve diagnostic skills.
* Assists in the RCFA corrective actions and helps eliminate chronic equipment issues.
* Schedules routes and inspections to maximize productivity.
* Solicits recommendations from technicians and mechanics on improving existing procedures, routes, and Standard Job Plans.
* Perform post failure analysis to verify accuracy of fault identification in order to continuously improve diagnostic skills.
* Lead and expand the oil analysis program for the site.
* Reviews preliminary drawings, specifications, and plans from Engineering for accessibility for predictive and lubrication activities and recommends changes when necessary.
* Ensures mechanics receive necessary training to maintain and improve their skill levels. Works to maximize technician flexibility through cross-training.
* Willingness to continue training as required to remain up to date on techniques, procedures, and practices
* Oil analysis, IR thermography, Vibration analysis, Ultrasonic scans, Precision laser alignments
* Develop and present technical reports based on field data gathering
* Generate corrective work orders in the CMMS system and assign them appropriately for planning and scheduling based on gathered data.
* Create, populate, and maintain the vibration analysis database.
* Develop the PdM systems and procedures to ensure accurate and repeatable data is collected and analyzed on targeted equipment at appropriate intervals. Research assigned equipment in order to build a comprehensive fault set database.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Maintenance management and/or designee.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
* Assist CMMS admin with naming coordination between CMMS, P&ID s and field tags.
* Ability to interact with supervisors, staff, vendors, and the public using a positive collaborative approach.
* Ability to consistently complete assigned work while attending to multiple tasks and prioritizing projects to meet deadlines as directed.
* Ability to problem solve and engage necessary staff/supervisors to address emerging facility issues.
* Initiative and ability to work with minimal direction/monitoring; sound judgment and decision making capabilities are essential.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
Technical or Associate degree in a related field preferred.
5+ years experience in maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
Must have a thorough knowledge of processes, equipment, cGMP, and proper safety and environmental practices.
Must be familiar with standard operating procedures and process documentation.
Must be Vibration Data Collection and Analysis Level I certified
Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats.
Must have knowledge of basic hand tools.
Knowledge of cGMP requirements.
Level II Vibration Data collection and Analysis certification.
Able to plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Works well with new technology and computer based data gathering equipment.
Must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, E-mail, data entry).
Learn on the Fly, Organized, Action Oriented, Problem Solving
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS/ SCOPE:
* Work is routinely reviewed by site management for adherence to objectives of the site.
* Advises management on improvement projects and work orders, and safety or environmental hazards.
* Internal contacts are made on a routine basis with the first line management in the Maintenance, Production, Engineering, Utilities, Warehouse, and Quality Control areas. With the diverse interaction with numerous groups, a tactful and diplomatic approach to communications is necessary in order to achieve the cooperation between individuals and departments.
* Must be highly organized, self-motivated and have the flexibility to shift priorities quickly in a constantly changing work environment.
* The plant s open-air construction exposes employees to the normal year-round outside climate. Some relief from the elements is available in the control rooms and break area.
* Dirty conditions and chemical fumes are occasionally present in the work areas.
* Corrosive, flammable, and toxic material, all which are normally handled in the plant, pose potential leak points for slips, trips and falls. Extra care must be taken while navigating the site.
* Must handle average to heavy weight materials by hand. Material handling devices (e.g., hand truck, fork truck, and conveyors) are used when possible, but use of proper lifting and movement techniques is necessary to prevent injury.
* Must be able to physically negotiate stairs and evacuation ladders, to wear and operate safety equipment, enter vessels, inspect equipment, drive forklifts..
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.