This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
Responsibilities: The Premier Banker serves as the key contact for assigned high-value and high-potential mass affluent customers by providing them guidance and navigation towards solutions that meet their particular needs. The Premier Banker also manages and increases a high-value book of business through proactive acquisition, cross-sell, and related activities.
The essential functions of the job include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
* Manages and grows a book of mass affluent customers, defined as customers with $250 thousand and $5 million of investible assets and median household income of $150 thousand per year
* Proactively retains and grows the existing book, and attracts and builds new customers
* Works closely with the branch and various business units to generate cross sale referrals
* Interfaces with attorneys, real estate agents, CPA's, and clients for referrals
* Connects with customers to establish OneWest Banks One Customer at a Time standard
* Guides customers through more complex financial needs by dedicating time to engage customers in meaningful conversation
* Helps navigate customers through OneWest Banks products, services, and resources
* Builds on customer relationships by serving as the primary contact, notating what was learned, and following up on expectations
[A Premier Banker's book of business is defined as assets in the categories of total deposits, (consumer and business deposits), and residential loans.]
The Premier Banker serves as the key contact for assigned high-value and high-potential mass affluent customers and manages as well as increases a high-value book of business.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Minimum of 5 years experience as a Premier Banker or similar position
* Demonstrated success at building a deposit book of business totaling at least $40 million
* Experience in leveraging resources such as lending, business banking, and investments as well as aligning products and services
* Demonstrated success at developing jumbo mortgage lending and commercial lending
* Experience in reviewing and analyzing customer information to identify needs and create solutions
* Must have high competency in the banking industry, banking channel, and products
* Must be conversant to expert on all bank products and services
* Must be able to build and sustain business relationships
* Must possess a desire to learn, have an inquisitive nature, and the motivation to seek answers and provide solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals
* Initiative and strong judgment, including the ability to review a situation and identify opportunities or issues and drive their expeditious resolution
* Must have good recall and be detail-oriented and highly accurate
* Strong work ethic, self-motivation, flexibility, and comfort with a fast-paced environment
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment
* Must have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects