This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/3/2018
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Prepress Operator manages analog and/or digital assets supplied by clients. The primary function of this role is to partner with the Project Manager and Sales team to ensure client requests are reviewed and modified per client and printer specs.
Great opportunity for those with a graphics, printing, packaging, prepress or flexo background. Successful candidates will have advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite. Ideal candidate must be motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks, and work independently with a commitment to detail and accuracy.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountability:
* Responsible for producing quality client proofs, films and/or files.
* Work with Graphic Project Managers and Sales Team to gain a complete understanding of each customer's requirements for file preparation.
* Work with ESKO and Macintosh software platforms to prepare files for customer approval, and internal SGS departments.
* Work with the Color Department to ensure all necessary images meet file requirements.
* Participate with electronic assembly operators in verification process of QC.
* Meet with team members and quality assurance on a regular basis for the purpose of continuous improvement.
* Monitor electronic assembly computers, software, and related equipment to report any errors or malfunctions.
* Participate in creating and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
* Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by management.
Education and Experience Required
* Experience in graphic arts and electronic prepress.
* Expert proficiency with Adobe Create Suite in the printing, packaging and prepress industries preferred. Experience working with Flexo and ESKOArtworks a plus.
* Knowledge of print industry (flexo, offset, gravure, screen, dry offset)
* Advanced working knowledge of PC's and Macintosh operating systems
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
* Team player with the ability to work in small groups.
* Logical and conceptual thinking skills required to problem solve.
* Detail oriented, well organized and takes pride in delivering quality work.
* Ability and willingness to work flexible schedule and overtime if needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",