Prevailing Wage Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/22/2017
Prevailing Wage Manager
This position is responsible for state prevailing wage and federal Davis-Bacon Act (\\"DBA\\") and Service Contract Act ( SCA\\") prevailing wage compliance for public works construction projects.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
* Evaluate all internal processes related to state and federal public works projects to determine whether information accurately flows from project setup through business operations to allow the timely creation of employee paychecks and certified payroll.
* Determine which WTI projects are subject to state prevailing wage requirements through online research, written procedures from various jurisdictions as well as legal and consulting support.
* Identify whether state and federal public works projects are set up by administrative staff with accurate wage determinations, including straight time, overtime, and holiday time rates and calculations.
* Understand and help implement travel and subsistence calculations for all applicable jurisdictions.
* Manage compliance with apprenticeship programs for state, local, DBA and SCA jurisdictions and assist the Training and Development Department with in-house apprenticeship program efforts.
* Understand, implement and update accurate fringe benefit calculations, including amortization and offsets, as required by jurisdictions that require such calculations.
* Ensure that subcontractors, when retained, agree to approved contracts that possess prevailing wage, DBA and SCA compliance language.
* Perform periodic audits on adherence to, and accuracy of, public works compliance processes in place. Remedy gaps or inaccuracies in processes identified in audits.
* Maintain confidentiality regarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of any person as it relates to public works/certified payroll records,
* Responsible for public works policy development and education of employees involved in administering the internal process.
* Work on special projects as may be assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university
* Minimum of five years experience as an auditor, accountant or estimator
* An individual prepared by education and experience to evaluate the prevailing wage, DBA and SCA process flow able to suggest and implement improvements.
* Experience in construction accounting and estimating.
* Experience with SAP and Excel.
* Ability to work independently and manage numerous simultaneous requests in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving capabilities.
* Strong organizational skills required
* Ability to communicate accurately and effectively and build relationships throughout all levels of the organization
* Minimal travel may be required. Full-time presence at the Beachwood Campus is required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.