Principal Accountant 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the position applies principles of accounting and financial analysis in order to maintain the general accounting systems; reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare journal entries, maintain balance sheet schedules, financial and variance analysis, and perform other duties as required.
* Perform complete month-end and year-end accounting close process for multiple teams.
* Perform monthly reconciliations of the general ledger accounts.
* Prepare monthly accrual journal entries.
* Maintain all balance sheet account schedules on a monthly basis. Reconcile the schedules to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
* Respond to client inquiries timely.
* Process accounting information in accordance with internal control processes.
* Analyze actual to budget variances on a monthly basis and assist in resolving and / or explaining the variances as well as variance analysis on individual accounts.
* Support annual and quarterly audits
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent.
* Minimum 3 to 5 years of general ledger accounting; ability to resolve accounting problems and prepare financial analyses.
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. CPA preferred.
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with Directors, managers and/or supervisors, as well other business-related team members.
* Analytical skills required in order to assist in the development and maintenance of the accounting and finance related tasks.
* In-depth knowledge of general ledger accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis techniques.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to learn accounting software.
* Working knowledge of Oracle R12 is desirable
* Ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Strong team player.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.