Principal Analyst, Clinical Contracts Job 10/10/2017
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Additional Locations:
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
About the role:
The Principal Contract Analyst supports the Global Regulatory & Privacy Legal group through preparation, review and negotiation of clinical study and privacy agreements and other related agreements and business documents across a global organization. Works with local and international business partners at varying leadership levels to faciliate the contracting process. Seeks ways to improve processes and help the department function more efficiently and effectively.
Your responsibilities include:
* Prepare and review global clinical study and privacy agreements between BSC and third parties, and related agreements and documents, e.g., hospital use agreements, device purchase agreements, data use agreements, informed consent forms.
* Coordinate review and input from appropriate business unit employees as needed to complete contracting documents.
* Serve as first point of contact for internal business unit employees and Contract Research Organization ("CRO") legal teams in relation to escalations of clinical study agreement-related legal queries.
* Facilitate the on-boarding of CRO legal teams to ensure BSC guidelines are communicated and understood; ensure compliance with such guidelines.
* Working in conjunction with Global Regulatory Legal counsel, ensure contract activity and administration is in accordance with BSC policies, legal requirements and third party specifications.
* Assists in the development and maintentance of processes and procedures to maintain compliance with BSC policies and health care laws, regulations and guidelines.
* Work to ensure appropriate policy and operational implementation of the requirements under HIPAA, including negotiation of Business Associate Agreements with covered entities, business associates, vendors and subcontractors.
* Support Legal counsel in implementing BSC global privacy projects.
* Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of personally identifiable health information data protection, privacy and training policies and standard operating procedures (process improvement/reengineering projects).
* Contribute to various internal operations projects (i.e., form templates, policies).
What we\'re looking for:
* Advanced understanding of HIPAA and other applicable U.S. privacy laws (federal and state) required
* Business Associate Contract drafting and negotiation skills
* 7+ years of experience in contracts management/administration, negotiation, and/or paralegal
* Proficiency in drafting contract language without the assistance of content management tools and/or software
* Ability to read, draft and understand contractual terms; strong experience in redlining and negotiating agreements is required
* Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, multiple geographies, internal subject matter experts, legal staff, vendors, and clients
* Ability to prioritize and complete daily workload and projects with minimal supervision and in accordance with deadlines and shifting priorities
* Ability to communicate and manage personal project timelines and responsibilities
* Strong organizational and administrative skills
* Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office and Adobe software)
* Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and present it in a meaningful and concise way
* Basic understanding of contract law, types, terms and conditions, legal requirements, and negotiation process
* Ability to prioritize, adapt and work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic global work environment under limited supervision
* Practical and business-minded approach to contract negotiation; ability to balance an appropriate level of risk for achievement of BSC s strategic objectives with protection of BSC s legal interests
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 374053
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Law, Purchasing, Medical Technology, Healthcare, Legal, Finance