Applications Engineer, Fiber Optic products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
EMCORE Corporation is a leading provider of advanced Mixed-Signal Optics products that provide the foundation for today s high-speed communication network infrastructures and leading-edge defense systems. Our optical chips, components, subsystems and systems enable broadband and wireless providers to continually enhance their network capacity, speed and coverage to advance the free flow of information that empowers the lives of millions of people daily. The Mixed-Signal Optics technology at the heart of our broadband transmission products is shared with our fiber optic gyros and military communications links to provide the aerospace and defense markets state-of-the-art systems that keep us safe in an increasingly unpredictable world. EMCORE s performance-leading optical components and systems serve a broad array of applications including cable television, fiber-to-the-premise networks, telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, satellite RF fiber links, navigation systems and military communications. EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability through its world-class Indium Phosphide (InP) wafer fabrication facility at our headquarters in Alhambra, California and is ISO 9001 certified in Alhambra, and at our facilities in Warminster, Pennsylvania and China. For more information, please visit www.emcore.com.
Emcore Corporation is seeking a proactive Applications Engineer with strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills to support the growing Satellite Communicate and Microwave Specialty Fiber Optic Products. This position is located in Alhambra, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual will join an experienced and dynamic marketing and engineering team to:
* Provide engineering advice and consulting to help customers design and implement their RF fiber optic systems.
* Develop data sheets and technical application notes to support product marketing, website and sales teams.
* Support preparation of customer proposals.
* Develop and give technical presentations to customers, sales personnel, distributors, and at trade conferences.
* Collect market and sales forecasting information from customers.
* Recommend product enhancements and new product families in response to market needs.
* Support development of advertising campaigns (print and web-based).
* Travel up to 50% of time
* BS/BA in electronics or electrical engineering or equivalent
* US citizenship or permanent residency required.
* 5 years of related experience with RF analog high frequency components and systems.
* Familiarity with RF analog fiber optics technology is highly desired.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills a must.
NOTE: Due to the nature of the products involved, candidates must be a US Person.