Principal Engineer, Electrical 9/20/2017
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Korry Electronics is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to take a position of Principal Engineer in Korry s Product Design and Development group. This person will be able to demonstrate an ability to develop concepts and lead the design of safety critical civil or military avionics control products, specifically containing embedded computing platforms. The individual hired in this position works closely with advance design and development, fellow engineers and potential customers to transfer research concepts into implementable and certifiable designs containing complex electronic hardware. Such systems would be designed to receive airworthiness certification from civil or other aviation safety authorities.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated employee who can quickly become a significant contributor in a multi-disciplined product design and development team. The individual candidate will also be responsible for technology development and design activities in a fast-paced, creative, and rigorous development process. The job requires the ability to quickly, creatively, and ingeniously solve complex technical problems.
Some of the Primary Responsibilities
* Lead technical effort estimation, design plans, and build/integration plans and activities for new product design and development
* Collaborate with system engineering to develop high level system and subsystem level hardware requirements.
* Lead the development of product level and circuit board level electronics architecture from industry data, customer interactions, existing products technology trends, and market needs.
* Produce electrical deliverables according to rigorous phase gate development process and development standards. These include hardware requirements, design description, theory of operation, test plans, test procedures including test acceptance criteria, functional block diagrams, engineering analysis (math, simulation, & experimentation), bill of material, component symbols, schematics, constraints, and gate review records.
* Develop, manage, and track status of product technical performance and electrical requirements.
* Assist the program manager in the successful execution of all electrical tasks to meet schedule and budget expectations.
* Prepare technical presentations for customers, engineers, and executive management.
Some of the Qualifications
* Minimum 10+ years of experience in development digital and analog circuits for aerospace and defense
* Good understanding of commercial and military standards like DO-254, DO-160, and MIL-STD-461/810.
* Expert knowledge of avionics control and data interfaces: ARINC 429, CAN, Ethernet, etc.
* Expert knowledge in multiple design and analysis tools: FPGA/PLD, Schematic, Simulation, Mathematics, etc.
* Ability to self-direct and self-motivate, work in multidisciplinary teams with only general directions, prioritize work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* Expert in written and verbal communication and excellent presentation and teamwork skills
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* BSEE or MSEE degree from accredited school
* 10 years of experience in aerospace industry
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).