Principal Engineer II - Software
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/24/2017
Greenwood Village, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARYThe Software Principal II position is responsible for software design, development, contributing to architecture discussions, maintenance, bug fixes, code reviews, and general knowledge sharing with larger team. Ensuring the team follows best practices through example and mentorship. Establish and guide development processes, tools and ensure the team is using the best tools for the job at hand. Required background in distributed applications in a multi-server and multi-tenant environment.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, manage and guide change for software tools, upgrades, patch deployment, etc... in our softeware deployment and development environments.
- Regularly participate in design discussions and contribute to architecture teams as needed.
- Represent Software Development to support Operations in architecture/design phase meetings.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Create and manage Development Operations deliverables such as standards document, run books and MOPs
- Mentors and guides the work of the technical team members
- Reviews the work of the technical team members and suggest improvements
- Provide technical strategy for all areas of Development Operations
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures
- Maintains good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with virtual environments (VMWare, Amazon AMIs, Kubernetes & Docker Containers)
- Java programming language.
- Must have strong hands on experience in relational and non-relational databases (Ideally NoSQL based systems like Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented direction
- Agile experience working on Scrum and Kanban
- Strong technical foundation, a proven track record in delivering high quality workDesired Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience with public and private cloud infrastructure
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services), Tomcat and Linux environments
- Must have strong hands on experience in relational and non relational databases (Ideally NoSQL based systems like Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Prior Cable / Television industry experience with Video Engineering software and Set-Top Box technologies is a plus.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Aware of latest developments and trends in Cloud technologies, Devops tools/processes
- Technical leadership skills with proven ability to provide effective, results oriented directionEducationBachelor s degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experienceDesired Work Experience Number of YearsEngineering Experience 8+Leadership experience 3+Software Development 8+Agile Framework 8+WORKING CONDITIONSTravel may be required at times (less than 10%), but no regular travel for this position.EOE Race/Sex/Vet/DisabilityCharter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfCharter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.