Principal Enterprise Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/29/2018
We know you ve got choices as an experienced an Principal Enterprise Architect, so why work for Cox Automotive? Besides being a privately held company that s been in business over 100 years, Cox Automotive is a respected industry leader. We aren t in maintenance mode. We re innovating and we know our employees are our most valuable resource!
Do you have a passion for helping to deliver world-class software solutions? Would you like to do this using the newest computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization understand application architectures and integration approaches, architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success?
If the answer is \\"Yes\\" and you meet the qualifications, then the Enterprise Architecture team would like to talk to you!!
You will lead architecture for a key business delivery stream. Delivery Stream architecture lead partners with their Product and Engineering counterparts to define, plan, and execute the product engineering work for their delivery stream. As a part of the Delivery Stream Team, the Delivery Stream Architect aligns Agile Release Trains to a common technological and architectural vision of the solution under development. They participate in defining the system and subsystems, validate technology assumptions, and evaluate alternatives. They support solution development through providing, communicating, and evolving the larger technological and architectural view of the solution. They frame solution alternatives in both Technology and Business terms, ensuring that business decisions are not made in isolation of their technology implications, and vice versa. Specific alignment context is that of the business area (such as Inventory Solutions) and that of Cox Automotive business as a whole, including relevant technology standards, architecture patterns and common platforms.
The right individual would lead various architects in release trains and delivery teams, and extend broader leadership capabilities to a larger community of software engineers, in order to align everyone to a shared technology direction and strategy.
This role involves tight collaboration with business stakeholders, teams, customers, and third-party stakeholders in defining the technology infrastructure, decomposition into components and subsystems, and the definition of interfaces between subsystems.
While providing a general view on solution architecture, they enable those who implement value by empowering them to make local decisions in order to provide a faster flow of value and better economics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Set the Delivery Stream architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles
* Frame technical or architectural alternatives in business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
* Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives
* Champion sound architectural solutions and effectively advocate for them at an executive level
* Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets within the Delivery Stream; identify opportunities to create new reusable technology assets and promote them for use at Portfolio or Enterprise level
* Analyze Delivery Steam technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering for business-appropriate technical debt handling; contribute to Portfolio-level technical debt analysis
* Direct Release Train Architects in defining subsystems and their interfaces; allocating responsibilities to subsystems; understanding solution deployment, and communicating requirements for interactions with solution context
* Work with stakeholders to establish high-level solution intent; help establish the solution intent information models and documentation requirements
* Establish critical Nonfunctional Requirements at the Delivery Stream level; participate in the definition of others
* Operate within the Delivery Stream s financial framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions
* Work with portfolio stakeholders, particularly the Portfolio Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of key epics
* Define, explore, and support the implementation of delivery stream enablers to evolve solution intent; work directly with delivery teams to implement, explore, or support them
* Identify required Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/ Capabilities, and where necessary work with Product and Engineering counterparts to ensure that it is prioritized and delivered
* Work with Product and Engineering delivery stream leaders to determine capacity allocation for architecture runway, technical debt reduction, and other enablement work
* Foster overall quality of engineering deliverables
* 10 years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
* 3 years experience in the implementation of design and architecture processes in an Enterprise Agile environment.
* 5 years experience in IT architecture roles in large-scale, complex IT environments
* 3 years leadership experience
* A solid understanding of the solutions architecture of consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and cloud computing platforms is strongly desired
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field, OR equivalent work experience
PERKS? OF COURSE! Cox Automotive offers an employee-centric environment with resources and advancement opportunities across our 25+ brands. We have ambitious benefits, (health and dental kick in on Day 1), in addition to a compelling 401K and 24 PTO day offering. Don t miss out on the opportunity to join our team today.
Where do you want to take your career with Cox Automotive?
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars every day. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, and touch over 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry
Submit your resume today!
Are you ready to create your future? If so, please submit your resume to this advertisement. If your background matches an open role with us, a recruiter will reach out to you to discuss the opportunity.
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , VinSolutions , Xtime , incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.