Principal, Healthcare Corporate Strategy & New Ventures 3/21/2017
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Principal, Healthcare Corporate Strategy & New Ventures
Corporate Strategy and New Ventures
Share | |Email this job
PRINCIPAL, HEALTHCARE *LI
Corporate Strategy & New Ventures
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Corporate Strategy & New Ventures team is responsible for defining the firm s growth strategy and developing new products and services -- organically or via partnerships and acquisitions. In helping to fuel the growth engine of a high-growth company, the department enjoys close partnership with the CEO and executive team. Unparalleled access to the executives of leading healthcare organizations and industry-leading marketing capabilities offers motivated, entrepreneurial candidates a unique opportunity to quickly affect systemic change across the healthcare industry.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
- Identify and size potential market opportunities
- Lead external vendor partnership strategy by identifying areas of market need, required capabilities to meet market need, and evaluating existing vendors ability to meet market need
- Partner with existing vendor partners to expand capabilities that can be delivered to members
- Execute new vendor partnerships to expand portfolio of capabilities
- Integrate vendors into Advisory Board operational, commercial, and strategic processes to ensure execution of member and firm needs
- Support initial hiring, sales and implementation activities on new ventures
- Manage appropriate staff for each product development project
- Education: Bachelor s Degree
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Health care provider industry experience
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience in provider revenue cycle operations, technology, or processes
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Experience managing and coaching more junior team members
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Willingness to take risks and act decisively with regard to new opportunities
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role -- comfort engaging senior level people in back-and-forth conversation, ability to be convincing when necessary, and ability to develop strong relationships through each interaction
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.