Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 2/21/2018
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhy our company is a great place to work
Join a Fortune 300 company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300 Company and a member of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices, Henry Schein employs over 20,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the Worlds Most Ethical Company in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible for leading department-wide initiatives and performing advanced quality assurance tasks on an as needed basis, contributing to projects that are critical for business success. Leverage an expert understanding of the business domain and customer needs for the success of development projects.
* Mentor more junior quality assurance engineers in regard to best practices with an expert ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
* Create and ensure compliance to best practices for quality assurance processes on one or more products
* Establish a high level of code quality by executing test cases at any testing level for one or more products
* Record defects found and provide sufficient information for the resolution of those defects
* Document in the test management software: test cases, test suites, and test plans designed for functional and regression testing of the product
* Improve testing efficiency by demonstrating an expert ability to automate test cases, unit tests, and integration tests
* Provide assistance with product betas and releases with an expert ability to perform risk analysis and mitigation
* Assist team members, product management, and technical support in identifying and resolving customer issues and product defects
* Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regards to software functionality
* Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with an expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Maintain an expert knowledge and stay current with trends associated with software testing and quality assurance
* Communicate with senior management by demonstrating an expert ability to present technical concepts
* Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Actively use a wide-range of unique professional skills, expert understanding of industry practices
* Excellent proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
* Outstanding planning/organizational skills and techniques
* Outstanding independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
* Outstanding interpersonal skills
* Outstanding conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
* Strong ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company
* Strong negotiating skills
* Resolve complex issues in effective ways
* Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
* Expert in multiple technical and/or business skills
* Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Excellent ability to derive and design tests from general product requirements
* Excellent knowledge of test cases, test plans, and test suites
* Excellent ability to remain current on new quality assurance processes within the software industry
* Excellent ability to interpret and execute test cases stored in applicable test management software
* Excellent ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
* Advanced technical knowledge of broad business areas
* Excellent knowledge of applicable issue tracking tools
* Advanced understanding of black-box testing: equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, and state transitions
* Advanced understanding of white-box testing: statement testing, and decision testing
* Advanced knowledge of test automation, component testing, integration testing, and system testing
* Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO
* Earn 7 Paid holidays
* Get evenings and weekends off!
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
* Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.