Principal Scientist - In-Vivo Immunopharmacology 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The immuno-oncology department at EMD Serono seeks to develop novel therapeutical approaches which aim to modulate the anti-tumor immune response to gain clinically meaningful benefit for patients. The group focuses on both biological and small molecule approaches to achieve this goal.
Your role: The Principal Scientist in In Vivo ImmunoPharmacology provides scientific leadership and expertise to a small group of direct reports on multiple projects. The incumbent will be responsible for in vivo immunopharmacology studies for novel cancer immunotherapy concepts including biologics and small molecule therapeutics. Study results will be translated into clinically relevant biomarkers.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced scientist with extensive knowledge in the field of immunology and oncology to support our growing portfolio of immuno-oncology asset. The candidate should have extensive experience in designing and executing preclinical pharmacology studies using various tumor models and immune relevant endpoints.
* Bachelor s degree with 8+ years of experience, or MS degree with 3+ years of experience, or PHD, or MD. Advanced degree and 5 plus years of industry or post doc related experience strongly preferred. Fluency in written and spoken English is required
* Must have detailed knowledge of preclinical in vivo pharmacology models in the field of oncology; knowledge of, and experience in developing cancer immunotherapeutics is highly desired. The candidate should have experience with the use of syngeneic or humanized models to study immunotherapies and an understanding of how immunological readouts translate into early clinical trial strategy.
* Ability to drive early drug discovery projects in immune-oncology by designing, conducting and overseeing in vivo pharmacology studies in murine tumor models and apply understanding of PK/PD to studies design to define the appropriate dose & schedule for novel biological and small molecule agents
* Previous experience with multi-color flow cytometry and other immune readouts is required
* Capability to manage teams with previously demonstrated ability to work as an effective leader across different functional groups and prior experience managing academic research collaborations
* Looking for candidate who can work in a dynamic team environment and knowledge of industry/regulatory relevant processes (e.g. IND document authoring, electronic notebook)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.