Principal Software Engneer 10/12/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, ENTERPRISE SECURITY
Symantec s mission is to secure and protect the world s data and devices. This is a breakthrough role in our Enterprise security group, helping develop a significant, new SOA cloud infrastructure running in every major host (Amazon, Azure, Google) as well as a secured OpenStack global cluster run in multiple datacenters.
We are looking for Principal Software Engineers with strong core Java skills, as well as web app and cloud development experience. We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, and we are a major open source contributor (and an OpenStack gold member). You will be responsible for designing and implementing microservices that drive our cloud infrastructure supporting millions of device endpoints. You will be working with and mentoring other talented engineers in an environment that encourages interaction, ownership, and teamwork leading to successful product delivery.
* Design new microservices as well as features and enhancements for existing services to fulfill customer needs
* Write high quality, efficient, extensible, and maintainable Java code
* Lead small teams of engineers to complete projects collaboratively and efficiently
* Participate in feature discussions and designs across multiple teams
* Evangelize and inform with well-written design documents, peer-reviewed, and revised
* Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems live on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world
* Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around. The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by hundreds of millions of users around the world
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
* 6+ years of experience in commercial software development working at software or web companies
* 3+ years of core Java development: multithreading, dynamic loading, annotation, aspects, events
* 2+ years of experience with Spring: REST, logging, dependency injection, messaging
* Advanced skills with Java web apps: J2EE authentication, security, servlet filters
* Experience with messaging queues: RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, others
* Experience with a variety of NoSQL technologies: Couchbase, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, RIAK
* Experience with caching servers: Memcached or Coherence
* Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic skills across large, distributed, multi-service environments
* Excellent communication skills for effective cross-team influence and architectural review; able to write top-notch design documents that are compact and technically detailed
* Bias for action; bias for ship
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Symantec is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.