Principal Transportation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 3/15/2018
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for Principal Transportation Engineer with 15-20 years experience, to join the team in our Raleigh NC office.
As a Principal Transportation Engineer, you will lead, manage and direct the development and design of infrastructure projects for roadways, including intersections, collector streets, urban arterials, rural and urban expressways, interstates and interchanges.
Specific work responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* You may be required to perform different roles on multi-disciplined projects including Project Management, Quality Control, Technical Design Lead on large projects, and Design Lead for a team of engineers.
* Prefer experience in a client-facing role, either as a team or individual, making presentations and managing client expectations. Interpersonal and client-facing requirements will require someone with excellent, clear and concise oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to contribute information to meetings, assist with effective client presentations, prepare written reports and meeting minutes, and work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously.
* Project development experience should include working as an individual or through team efforts in developing project scopes and budgets, interfacing with and maintenance of client needs and/or serving as project manager, mentoring and development of roadway design team members, development of project plans including calculations and quantities, and maintaining project schedules and ensuring project compliance with all Arcadis practices including quality and safety standards.
* You should also have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual who possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects, challenges, and design innovation.
* 15-20 years of experience in transportation engineering design
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineer
* Registered North Carolina PE (or ability to obtain NC PE by comity within 3 months from date of hire)
* Engineering experience with infrastructure design and construction engineering, including cost estimates, technical reports, construction plans and project displays, preferably within the State of North Carolina
* Proficiency with CAD particularly Microstation, GeoPak and CAiCE
* In-depth knowledge of NCDOT design standards and policies
* Demonstrated understanding of professional services and project management procedures
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineTransportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow today.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.