Print Production Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 5/26/2018
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide support and coordinate projects from design brief to receipt of artwork from outside vendors. The PPM has all the authority needed to decide and to take action for the purpose of fulfilling the company's commitment to our customers. The PPM is responsible for upstream project management within the supply chain. He/she is also responsible to ensure that all company policies and standard procedures are followed.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
* Works with on-site team in planning the job to service the clients and fulfill their expectations
* Review all preliminary artwork and obtain job specifications from the on-site PPM or client
* Attend all pre-production meetings via conference call
* Follow up on outstanding issues from pre-production meetings
* Provide feedback to design firm and on-site team regarding print feasibility and printability issues
* Offer creative, constructive ideas and suggestions pertaining to incoming work and discusses alternative ways of producing jobs for quality and cost effectiveness
* Compile pre-production notes
* Key interface between on-site staff and internal customer service team
* Works with customer service team in planning the job to service the clients and fulfill their expectations
* Review all artwork to confirm that all pre-production adjustments were made
* Schedules planning meetings with production/CSR when necessary
* Authority to stop work on a job and/or authorize rework if the quality will not meet customer expectations
* Advise CSM of any customer complaints or issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
* At least 2 year degree or equivalent experience in the graphic arts industry
* At least 2 years experience in customer service in the graphics industry and have working experience directly with clients, buyers and printers
* Good communication skills to serve as an effective liaison between production and customers
* Logical and conceptual thinking skills to correlate job specifications
* Basic understanding of computers and software
* Portrays problem solving and decision making skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Be on their feet for extended periods of time by walking around their team performing audits and solving problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",