This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 12/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONGPI is a leading provider of paperboard and integrated paperboard solutions to beverage and consumer products multinationals. The primary consumer packaging product printed at the Kendallville location is Cereal Cartons.
STARTING PAY RATE: $17.50 / hour
PRINTING OPERATOR PAY RANGE: $17.50 - $26.15 / hour
Rotating 3-2-2 Schedule (rotating days of the week)
12 hour shifts (6:30 PM to 6:30 PM)
Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends
Our employee's health and quality of life are important to us. That's why we offer a benefits program that supports and protects them, their families, and their future.
GPI pays the full cost of certain basic benefits, including:
* Life Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
* Short Term and Long Term Disability
Optional benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Vacation, Holiday Pay and Attendance Bonus
Operate or tend a printing machine and folder gluer that transforms paperboard into various consumer packaging products.
* Performs Make-Ready tasks: installs plates and washes blankets. Completes Make Ready Checklist by verifying copy check, scores, correct ink, bar code, repeat timing, print to cut, flexo register, die number, board grade, line clearance, etc.
* Turns handles, pushes buttons or moves controls and levers to start / stop press and to manually set and adjust speed, temperature, ink flow, tension, and position and pressure tolerances of press
* Loads, positions, and adjusts raw material (paperboard) in loading and feeding mechanisms of press
* Set up and operates splicing device to splice end of new paper roll to depleted roll
* Installs, adjusts, dismantles, reassembles, removes parts and equipment (printing plates, blankets, rollers, dies, cylinders, etc) using various hand tools and measuring devices such as wrenches (Allen, open-end, socket, torque, crescent), channel lock, pliers, hammer, screwdrivers, pry bar, tape measure, and calipers.
* Performs preventative maintenance
* Moves materials and fixtures (paperboard rolls, dies, repeats, etc) using fork truck, overhead crane, pallet jack, and hand cart; must obtain fork truck licensure
* Dip ink into ink fountains of the printing unit
* Monitors and controls operation of auxiliary equipment such as cutters, UV lights, delivery table, etc.
* Monitors feeding, printing, and delivery processes of press to maintain specified operating levels and detect malfunctions
* Inspects and examines printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications and external defects such as scum, hickeys, ink drips, and water spots.
* Palletize printed product
* Discards non-conforming material
* Computer Data Entry: Inputs order number to print load tickets. Scans in load ticket and batch number. Enters quantity and scrap code (reason). Enters downtime. Creates notifications.
* Perform housekeeping duties, including banding scrap material for disposal
* Cleans and lubricates printing machine and components (eg. rollers, blankets, reservoirs) using solvents, rags, and sponges
* Ensure Gemba boards are referenced daily and completed accurately every shift.
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* High School Diploma, GED
* Basic computer skills, data entry
* Visual Color Discrimination, the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colors
* Stand for long periods of time
* Work Evenings and Weekends
* Push / Pull 10-40 lbs
* Climb Stairs
* Stoop, Bend, and Twist
* Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally and up to 30 lbs frequently
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.