PRN Peer Rehab Specialist- MO Certification Preferred 9/16/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist provides supportive services for mental health consumers. Services may include independent living skill building, community integration, job skill training, psychoeducational classes, rehabilitation planning, community activities, coordination of services, self advocacy, referral to other service providers, and crisis support. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist will meet productivity standards and documentation requirements to assure the viability of the program's success and consumer outcomes. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team for consumer care and services. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist works under the regular supervision and direction of a Supervisor, Coordinator-Manager, Program Director, or a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
1. High school degree or equivalent.
2. Must be a primary mental health consumer (diagnosed as having a mental illness) and willing to share the personal experiences of recovery.
3. Good written and verbal communication skills.
4. Work with people in a team setting.
5. Demonstrate ability to respectfully motivate other consumers to act on their own behalf and to participate in activities.
6. Able to engage consumers in one-on-one and in small groups.
7. Speak and read English.
8. If driving is a requirement for the employee, he/she must meet the requirements specified in the Fleet Driving Safety and Compliance Policy and must continue to meet these requirements as a condition of employment.
9. Completion of training as directed through orientation and/or by Leadership, Management or Educators in the established timeline for continued employment.
* Must be a mental health consumer
2:00PM - 6:00PM