Process Development Analytical Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking an Analytical Scientist to join the Process Development Department in Rockville, MD. We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and detail oriented individual to work in the In-Process Testing Group within Process Development to provide analytical support for protein antigens used in vaccine development. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in analytical separation techniques by HPLC and CGE, immunoassays by ELISA, quantitative methods for proteins and DNA, SDS-PAGE densitometry, UV/Vis spectrometry and Western Blot. Strong assay development, experimental design, and troubleshooting skills are required. The ability to work on multiple projects and to clearly communicate results is critical.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform analytical testing of in-process samples to support testing needs for USP, DSP and SUG groups, including A280, BCA, micro BCA, SDS-PAGE densitometry, Western Blot, RP-HPLC, CGE, ELISA, and PicoGreen.
* Research and develop new analytical methods to support unmet process development need.
* Design and conduct "fit for use" studies, and collaborate with AD group to support analytical method qualification.
* Thoroughly analyze results and methods, solve analytical problems, and troubleshoot assays.
* Present scientific findings at internal meetings and external conferences.
* Author/ co-author and review laboratory protocols, work instructions, SOPs and reports.
* Some knowledge of biologics process development, including cell culture, centrifugation techniques, and preparative chromatography techniques, is preferred.
* Diligent in laboratory records keeping in accord with company policy.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ph.D. with 0-3 years of industrial experience or Master degree with a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and/or vaccine development.
* A thorough understanding of protein chemistry, electrophoretic and chromatographic separation techniques, and immune assays.
* Ability to critically analyze data, communicate results, and author technical reports.
* Excellent record keeping abilities to document analytical data generated in support of regulatory requirements.
* Ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups.
* Good communications skills and be conversant in computer systems.
* Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Our product pipeline targets a variety of infectious diseases, with clinical vaccine candidates for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and Ebola virus (EBOV), and preclinical programs for Zika virus (ZIKV), seasonal influenza and a combination respiratory vaccine candidate, as well as other infectious disease vaccine candidat.