This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 7/11/2018
Carl Zeiss Vision Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONZEISS is an internationally leading technology enterprise operating in the optics and optoelectronics industries. The ZEISS Group develops and distributes semiconductor manufacturing equipment, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology. With its solutions, the company constantly advances the world of optics and helps shape technological progress.
As one of the world's leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, ZEISS stands for maximum visual comfort. The movie and camera lenses, planetariums, binoculars and spotting scopes from ZEISS offer their users outstanding optical quality.
As part of a multi-million dollar initiative, we are transforming our Hebron Facility to a ZEISS showcase, creating a full ZEISS experience for customers, guests, and employees. The lab with be enhanced to feature State-of-the-Art Technology and Operations to enable premium offerings, deliver 5000 lenses/day, and delivering world-class service.
The Process Engineer will be accountable Initiate & manage continuous improvement activities and strategic operational planning according to the productivity & quality improvement plan for the local Rx operation and US Rx network.
* Analyzes equipment, processes and products to establish, monitor and improve operational data based on Quality, Cost & Delivery indicators.
* Resolve process and equipment concerns, including troubleshooting and implementing continuous improvements with the support of cross functional teams.
* Implement and monitor process controls based on SLAP procedures to assure compliance to quality system requirements for the maintenance of hard coating and AR processes and equipment
* Hands on position involved in a 3-shift manufacturing operation
* Support of production operations and special projects as directed
* Liaise with MET and technology suppliers to improve processes and equipment and to resolve issues
* Bachelors or Master s degree in mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering with 5 years experience, or equivalent
* Computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, etc.)
* Background in CNC programming
* Strong troubleshooting skills with electro-mechanical equipment, pneumatics and hydraulics
* Experience with automation integration and troubleshooting
* Ability to interface at multiple levels and operate within cross functional teams
* Project management skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience in Statistical Process Analysis is desired
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing methods is desired
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Carl Zeiss Vision, Inc.