Process Engineer Sr 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Process Engineer will support the daily operations at the Fiberglass Mat Production facility in Ennis, Texas. The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for engineering needs, demonstrating skills in plant troubleshooting, process design, continuous improvements, and quality management. The incumbent s primary focus is to maintain control over the product quality in combination with a proper process control and manufacturing stability. This incumbent is directly involved with new product development, improvement evaluations, and monitoring of key process indicators.
* Execute trials of process improvement, raw materials, cost reduction, corporate initiatives, and new products as directed. This includes pre-trial coordination, pre-trial lab testing, detailed trial plans which include KT analysis, post-trial testing, and wrap-up report. Conduct plant trials as scheduled, trial notes issued within 24 hours, and completed written report within one week of trial completion. Utilize the PTR and TDN system as required.
* Promote product/process improvement changes by using daily plant interactions, review of online testing, process data review, equipment inspections, and claims feedback. Submit and implement changes in procedures and process to support productivity, process, cost, reliability and quality improvement. Utilize the PCN system to approve changes.
* Update daily and monthly performance reporting systems which communicate conformance to raw material usage standards, degree of process control and highlights areas of quality concern. Promote discussions toward improvement.
* Complete high level technical reporting for activities including changes in plant operating conditions, changes in raw materials, quality performance, trial activities, variation reduction activities, and process improvement activities. Include abbreviated results of these activities in the department monthly summary.
* Review status on new material claims. Update tracking report for new material claims and include claims settled in the monthly summary. Complete a Root Cause Failure Analysis for large claims that are approved.
* Resource for process technical knowledge and participates in plant problem solving efforts. Provide support for on call requirements or daily problems on the floor as needed.
* Contribute to site safety programs and adhere to plant safety policies; complete required safety training and use safe work practices; participate in Safety and Housekeeping audits.
* Maintain center lining efforts on the production line and audit systems regularly for compliance. Develop the Braincube system for center lining and process troubleshooting.
* Update test procedures and sampling plans for on-line Quality Assurance testing to ensure conformance to specifications for finished products.
* Verify in-coming raw material specifications and testing procedures. Track and compare internal testing to vendor COAs.
* Maintain Quality Assurance reports that track progress or trends of product quality audits.
* Oversee Quality Assurance Technician work as assigned. Review technician and operator testing compliance to QSBP at least bi-annually.
* Complete self-audits to comply with the QSBP audit program on a frequency defined by the policy. Support and prepare for the QA and PDC annual external audits.
* Update the Ennis Quality Manual as procedure revisions are required.
* Recommend capital projects in an effort to systematically improve the performance of the manufacturing process with new or modified equipment which will improve cost and quality. Assist with project justification and implementation as needed; track performance.
* Develop operating instructions, troubleshooting guides or process target guidance for all manufacturing processes or new equipment as needed. Provide training of new procedures approved through the PCN system.
* Complete benchmarking with other plants to find opportunities that other plants are already utilizing.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (ADVANCED)
* Experience and application of standard manufacturing concepts, practices & procedures
* Detailed engineering capability Continuous Web manufacturing Analytical Troubleshooting Techniques
* Demonstrated expertise in discipline specific technical engineering role Statistical Analysis, Kepner Trego, DOE or Six Sigma Methodology
* Demonstrated expertise in software packages heavy exposure to Microsoft Office; familiar with Statistical Process Control graphing software, Minitab, or other process monitoring and troubleshooting tools preferred
* Quality Process Improvement principles
* High volume manufacturing knowledge with an engineering focus on production machinery, preferably continuous process
* Project management skills
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (ADVANCED)
* Communication skills proficiency in written, verbal, and listening skills; presentation skills a plus
* Organizational skills able to plan, execute, and control multiple tasks simultaneously in a very detailed manner
* Skilled in problem solving, statistical expertise and leading problem solving teams
* Demonstrated hands-on experience
* Ability to lead and direct the work of others
* Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
* 5 - 7 years industrial manufacturing experience, 2 years quality experience preferable
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).