Process Engineer 10/10/2017
Wind Gap, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for a self-motivated Process Engineer for our fiber-cement manufacturing plant located in Wind Gap, PA. The Process Engineer will help lead the execution of Quality and Process Improvement projects and activities using standard PI tools such as Qualpro, MVT/DOE, Kepner-Tregoe PSDM. Use Hierarchy of values (Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost) in prioritizing, using Plans and executes capital improvements resulting from these projects. We are looking for a diversified person who can learn and master multiple tasks and is committed to Safety and Quality in a Union environment.
* BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering coupled with at least 3 years of demonstrated related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals and proficiency in Microsoft Office, PLC and AutoCAD.
* The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to safety and have experience contributing to a positive, employee oriented culture
* Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without current/future need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Support all plant product qualifications, process capability studies, raw materials trials/qualifications and product development/improvement projects
* Work with Operations Management to support all R&D Department Plant Trial Requests (PTR s). Ensure trials are accurately conducted and reported per required standards, timelines and accounting cycles
* Identify production or process problems and prepare/implement solutions as needed, using standard PI tools such as QualPro, MVT/DOE and Kepner-Tregoe problem solving techniques
* Communicate effectively with management team to regarding resources needed to ensure timely and accurate execution of process improvement projects
* Performs PPA/FMEA on all major process and raw material changes
* Work with Operations Management to prepare and submit process-related requests for capital expenditures
* Manage the application and interpretation of SPC charting and teach all machine operators the benefits of the tool and how to input data
* Working with Operations Management, comply with and enforce established quality policies and procedures
* Conduct compliance audits of production tests, process specifications, plant change notices (PCN s) and other in-plant processes
* Participates in plant technical support activities as required to achieve plant goals
* Demonstrate a high level of commitment to safety ad be a leader in the areas of housekeeping and organization
* Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).