This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONProcurement Manager
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
The Procurement Manager is an administrative role that works with the Gensler leaders in supporting projects worldwide. A close relationship is required with the design and architectural teams, as well with 3 rd party vendors and suppliers, to assure product quality. The Procurement Manager acts as a liaison with clients in updating procurement financial budgets and logistics. Travel may be required to assess manufacturing deliverables and field verification products on the project sites.
What You Will Do
* Lead conceptualization and preparation of project specific FF&E budgets from design issued specifications for presentation to owner
* Organization and dissemination of design specifications to proposed vendors for pricing/budgeting
* Management of quotes and bids from vendors for specified FF&E items and incorporation into various project budgets
* Assist in continuous budget tracking from project initiation to close out
* Management and tracking of submittals requiring architect approval for purchasing
* Assist in tracking and approvals of all third party issued purchase orders
* Verification of product availability, shipping, delivery, and order correctness
* Request and coordination of product samples for specified items from vendors and coordinate designer approval process
* Process and track re-selection and/or budgetary issues of specified FF&E with designers
* Field verification of proposed FF&E items to ensure items ordered fit into constructed spaces
* Coordination and follow-up for all pending items between design team, architects, general contractors and/or third party vendors that may affect FF&E purchasing
* 5-10+ years of related experience, including experience with managing projects and teams managing projects and teams
* Client interfacing on material selection, contractual matters, budgeting and accounts payable
* Strong knowledge of product procurement means and methods
* Experience within the furniture industry is preffered
* Strong knowledge of FF&E
* Understanding of national and global service agreements
* Knowledge of scheduling and forecasting the need of multiple projects globally
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back Email Apply Now