This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/10/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
East Longmeadow, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Within the Power Tools Accessories division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently seeking a Product Engineer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a global team of talented designers, engineers and product managers. You will support our ongoing efforts to deliver products that help people to build and repair the world we live in. Have the ability to prioritize tasks for both self and support engineers to meet business requirements and deadlines. Have strong written and communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and problem solving suggestions effectively.
* Develops product, applications, or process innovations that deliver breakthrough New Products or processes
* Regular familiarization with patent activity
* Recommends new product/process experimentation
* Designs new innovative products and develops prototypes for teams to implement
* Develops and maintains Pro/Engineer CAD databases related to the project
* Examines, evaluates, and stays abreast of technology and new process developments
* Work yields significant commercial impact
* Interact with different facets of the business in support of new products
* Participate in observational research to mine for consumer insights
* Position Requirements:
* Creative, Innovative, and Inventive
* B. S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
* 3 5 yrs Experience in Product Development
* Enjoy working in a team environment, good interpersonal skills
* A hands on approach to mechanical development
* Understanding of basic statistics
* A strong working knowledge of Pro/Engineer a big plus
* Substantial knowledge of Manufacturing processes
* Experience in Hardware or Tool Industry a plus
* Willingness to interact with all levels of the business
* Comfortable observing and interacting with our end users
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic..