Product Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/5/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Product Engineer provides primary customer contact for New Product Launch (NPL) activities and is responsible for all manufacturing processes, materials, and tooling to ensure products are assembled to customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Take full manufacturing responsibility, leading products through prototype, pilot and production builds
* Oversee the implementation of customer documentation changes and internal change orders
* Report on the status of NPL activities
* Use statistical tools to lead quality improvement within the customer team
* Drive internal and external corrective action plans
* Actively participate in new customer development and new business development
* Analyze line return information to understand and drive corrective action on manufacturing process issues
* Perform product level FMEAs as required
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Demonstrate ability to work individually or in teams
* Possess effective communication, both written and verbal
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
* Ability to work weekends and off-shifts as needed
* Possess effective prioritization and organizational skills with particular attention to detail
* Possess and understanding of manufacturing systems and tooling development
* Ability to travel, including day and overnight
0-5+ years of electronics manufacturing experience
4 year Engineering or Technical degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment