Product Engineering - Hardware Engineer Band 8
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 12/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONExperience: 3 - 5 Years
Education: Bachelors Degree
Come to the heart of Chicago Illinois to join Motorola Mobility s Product Development team as a baseband hardware engineer working with interdisciplinary departments of Mechanical, RF, Software , Supply Chain, and Industrial Design teams to develop, optimize and integrate analog/logic/digital circuits & systems into high volume, best in class mobile products. This team develops innovative and creative designs with consumer appeal to meet cost, time to market, and quality targets. The Product Development organization designs and delivers iconic mobile products and experiences by infusing the best of technology and design. The team will accomplish this through simply demanding engineering excellence - that means pursuing technological leadership, striving for design perfection, and attaining time-to-market differentiation while focusing on the fundamentals and simplification in everything we do.
* Electrical schematic and layout design
* Baseband simulation, validation, optimization, and debug efforts in a lab environment
* System level testing relative to carrier or certification body specifications
* Bring up and support of prototyping and mass production facilities
* Some areas of possible opportunities are camera, display, battery, power management, micro processor, sensors, audio, etc. Position Requirements
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science EE degree
* 1-3 years work experience in consumer electronic engineering
* Design knowledge of application processor systems, digital high speed interfaces, audio/DSP sub-systems, imaging, display/touch systems, sensors or power management
* Experience with schematic capture, board layout and prototype evaluation
* Familiarity with LTE, CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC standards.
* Automation tools for data collection and analysis such as Labview, Visual Basic, C++, Perl, Python, etc.
* Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills and the ability to be effective within a team environment.
* Masters of Science EE preferred
* 3-5 years of work experience in consumer electronics engineering
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.