Product Manager (Baltimore)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
Ad Hoc, LLC
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
Product Managers analyze and consider engineering and business factors (e.g., cost, risk, technical feasibility) to identify ways to improve products, operations, and systems. Product Managers elicit user needs and understand processes to automate, improve, or build new systems. Product Managers demonstrate a basic proficiency in utilizing data to diagnose business problems and implement solutions from concept through production.. They should also be able to determine how changes in various factors (e.g., conditions, operations) will affect business processes and outcomes.
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Business Process: Demonstrated ability to analyze and process complex data for core business operations; demonstrated ability to analyze systems and create business requirements documentation; able to perform end-to-end process analysis.
* Product: Demonstrated ability to accurately diagnose business problems; able to devise product direction; able to convince parties of product need and timeline; able to secure funding for recommended product direction.
* Delivery Management: Demonstrated ability to work with across multiple teams to manage the delivery pipeline by organizing requirements, available development resources, and required product timelines.
* Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to systems or process problems; ideally able to effectively decompose problems into a logical set of smaller, related sub-problems; able to judge the relative strengths and weaknesses of the set of possible options to inform decisions.
* Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problems and decisions; embracing change and understanding new concepts; asking appropriate questions; talking with others to gain answers and insights, particularly business needs and IT capabilities.
* Written Technical Expression: Using documents to communicate technical information in ways that others understand.
* Active Systems Analysis: Without direction or other catalyst, determining how a business process should work and how various changes (e.g., conditions, operations) will affect the process and outcomes; identifying and considering a decision s repercussions for the system as a whole; ideally, able to act as a bridge between IT and the business to make optimal decisions; some ability to think across systems when needed.
* Systems Design: Demonstrated ability to assist customers, whether external or internal, in the gathering of requirements to design, implement, and support solutions to significantly complex business problems.
* Able to work with iterative, incremental management of design and build activities
* Able to determine how a business process should work and to help implement a new or changed business process.
* Expand or modify an existing computer system to serve a new purposes or improve its workflow.
* Maintain, and monitor products and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
* Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
* Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
* Vanguard 401K plan
* 20 days of PTO
* Company-issued laptop
* Annual conference and educational benefit
* This is a remote / work-from-home position; however, this Product Manager will visit the client site outside Baltimore 2-3 days/week.
Ad Hoc does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.