Product Planner - Devices
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Product manager will join a team that demonstrates and requires a broad skill set, strong communication and presentation skills, analytical thinking and a desire for learning that will support sustainable career growth. The Product manager has responsibility for: market research; data analytics; market requirements; business cases, pricing and market positioning including competitive analysis; roadmap and lifecycle strategies. A key component of this is role is the need to collaborate with engineering, field, sales, finance and customers using agile product management techniques. Key responsibilities include:
* Enabler for data driven insight and analytics using Tableau
* Establish the product vision, business goals, product rollout plan
* Work closely with regional partners to understand business and functional requirements and prioritize appropriately.
* Manage trade-offs between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure successful delivery of set products & features that meet customer needs.
* Work closely with internal/external sales and channel partners, supply chain, marketing, customer service, service/repair, quality, engineering, accessories/parts for new product introductions
* Define and communicate product positioning and work closely with Marketing Communications on content development.
* Participate in the competitive intelligence process
* Bachelors Degree, MBA a plus
* 5+ years progressive experience in engineering or Product Planning/Product Marketing/Product Management
The Devices Product Management Team oversees a multi-million portfolio of Motorola products sold globally through direct, distributor and dealer channels. The Product Management Team is responsible for reviewing market opportunities and disruptive technologies to build successful portfolio strategies. The team analyzes market condition, competitive threats and evolving customer needs to determine profitable platform and product line strategies. The product Management team is also responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.